Sunday, April 25, 2010

I love Star Wars




I don't know what inspired these drawing lately but I have been thinking about Star Wars quite a bit. These drawings are all done with Prismacolor markers. I really like using these markers for my more "comic art" pieces. I find these different gray pens fun to use. I'm not a fan of using the color pens though. I think the color pens are just too strong. The colors are too overpowering.
The Star Wars movies are my favorite movies, but I don't really do very much Star Wars artwork. And I have been seeing people doing Star Wars sketchcards on Deviantart and that got me wanting to do some sketchcards. But I decided to do some pieces that are larger than the sketchcard size. And today I started my next Star Wars drawing and I will post it as soon as it if finished.
On a side note, I have been listening to a lot of Tom Petty, I just listened to the audiobook of The Rise of Darth Vader(which was awesome!) and I read some really good comics-Superman:Secret Origin #5 and Avengers: The Origin #1(both of those were equally awesome!)

1 comment:

  1. Those illustrations are really nice. I can see how the markers help tremendously when creating value and depth in your illustrations. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete