Friday, February 5, 2010

Some paintings



For today's post I have some paintings! One of the goals I set for myself this year is to do a painting a day. So this post has last week's painting and one done for this week. Last week's painting is the nude figure, it is painted with oils and is 5.5" x 7.5". This is the first oil painting I have finished and I'm quite pleased with the results. I usually try to paint really smooth, clean paintings, but with this one I was painting a little choppy and messy. I wanted to try working on skin tones so what is better then painting a naked woman? The painting for this week is for Illustration Fridays. The theme for this week is focus. My idea was to paint someone intensly focused on a book, for some clues, and is totally unaware of the person behind him. The painting was done in acrylics and is 6" x 9". This painting was done very quickly and I was going for a loose look for it because of the fast drying time. I've only painted in acrylics up until these last few month's and I have to say I enjoy oils more than acrylics.
What I've been listening to: "The Secret" the audio book by Rhonda Byrne. If you can open up your mind to the concepts this book can be life changing.

1 comment:

  1. I like the message of the book. There is nothing wrong with positive thinking and feeling gratitude for the things you have and experience. I think these things can help to open your mind to things. I think this world can us some more positivity and if The Secret can help some people get that, it can't be so bad.

    ReplyDelete